Promoting a survey on the social media space shows that you value your audience’s opinions, providing them with an opportunity to share their thoughts. Social media surveys effectively engage the audience, drive traffic to your website, increase customer loyalty, and involve your customers in decision-making. Read on to learn how to promote a survey on social media effectively—discover the best platforms for promotion and a bunch of handy tips!
Social Media Channels To Promote Surveys
When it comes to promoting surveys, you can use several social media platforms:
- Facebook: the most popular social media platform;
- Twitter: a fast-paced network with to-the-point posts;
- LinkedIn: the most professional one and ideal for B2B surveys;
- Reddit: an online community with subreddits covering a bunch of different topics;
- Instagram: a popular visual platform great for promoting surveys with eye-catching graphics.
We’ll cover the top three options and explain how and why to incorporate them into your marketing strategy.
With 2.96 billion monthly active users, Facebook is the most popular network and the largest online collection of socio-demographic information. You can either utilize its ad campaigns to reach a specific target group or post the survey invitation on your timeline.
Use Facebook in one of the following ways for the best survey promotion:
- Promote your survey on your Facebook wall. Place a link to the questionnaire and a short and catchy post to grab the audience’s attention and interest.
- Create a page for your survey research. Send the information to your friends to share further.
- Use Facebook ads to target an audience with a particular profile (like a specific age, gender, city, country, interests, etc.)
After Facebook, the next most popular social media platform is Twitter, a micro-blogging platform with over 368 million monthly active users.
If you’d like to post short messages about your activities or latest events, it’s an ideal communication channel. It’s the so-called “SMS service of the Internet.” Most tweets can contain a maximum of 280 characters.
All you need to do is create a post on your profile along with the survey link in the ‘compose new tweet’ field and press the tweet button.
Helpful tip: Encourage respondents to retweet your study link so that you can reach even more people.
It’s ideal for communicating and promoting professional services, products, engagement, and opinion exchange of people looking for professional development.
Create a short but engaging post and add your survey link. Explain what the survey is about and why it’s important before sharing it on your profile. Additionally, you can send it to particular individuals or groups and ask them to support you by sharing it.
Helpful tip: Use LinkedIn’s advertising platform to reach a larger audience.
Tips for Promoting Surveys on Social Media
Here are some helpful tips when promoting questionnaires on social media platforms:
- Identify the target audience you want to reach with your survey and tailor it accordingly.
- Create a compelling message to grab the attention of your target audience and encourage them to participate.
- Use visuals like images, videos, and infographics to make your survey more engaging.
- Leverage influencers with a large social media following in your niche to help spread the word about your survey.
- Use hashtags relevant to the topic when posting on platforms like Twitter and Instagram.
- Paid advertising options available on social media networks allow maximum reach.
- Offer incentives or rewards like discounts, giveaways, raffles, sweepstakes, deals, or coupons to motivate participants to complete the survey.
- Monitor the responses closely and adjust the survey accordingly during the campaign, if needed.
Survey promotion allows marketers to improve their market presence and gather important data for their research study. By advertising through social media ads, you can reach a wider audience and gather more statistics.
It can also help improve your marketing techniques by providing insights into what works best for attracting participants. Use the results of the surveys to understand your target audience better and try to meet all their needs.