Well-known management consultant, Peter Drucker, said, “What gets measured, gets managed.”
If you’re ready to more than meet your customers’ needs and exceed their expectations every time, you want data you can measure.
Here’s how to measure the success of your support department.
How to Measure Satisfaction
You can always use the Net Promoter Score (NPS) survey to measure customer satisfaction. Yet, in this case, the NPS merely scratches the surface of your customers’ whole experience with support.
Consider also sending surveys that measure the following:
- The number of conversations a person had with your support department to resolve the issue.
- How many customers hung up frustrated.
- If your customers felt their issues were resolved.
- Overall satisfaction.
- If customers felt the amount of time spent on the phone was satisfactory.
- Whether or not the team member was friendly, courteous and ready to help.
Your customer support department is highly measurable. From things such as call volume, chat time, interaction counts, resolution rates, and customer satisfaction, you can record data and measure it quite easily.
Remember that you can only change and improve the things you are aware of. If you don’t know about the success of your support department, you can’t reward it or improve it.
Your satisfied customers who had a good experience with your support department are the ones who’ll return to shop with you.
Surveys help you make the best decisions for your business. Are you ready to get started with your free Survey Town trial? Start with your free account today, and you can upgrade at any time.
Image: rawpixel on Unsplash