Researchers collect various types of data using surveys; here’s the most common classification:
- Demographic data: race, age, gender, education, income, employment status, etc.
- Consumer data: purchasing habits and brand preferences.
- Health data: physical health status and healthcare utilization.
- Psychological data: personality traits, cognitive processes, and emotional states.
- Attitudinal & behavioral data: opinions, beliefs, values, and the frequency of specific behaviors or activities.
Click here to learn how to avoid mistakes while collecting survey data.