As a marketing agency, your clients are your top priority. In order to meet their needs, you need to know exactly what those needs are.
Sometimes it can be hard to gauge your clients goals without asking them. While you may think you know their goals, often they turn out to be something slightly different.
Enter the survey. One of the best ways to find out how you can help your clients is to ask them. Here’s how to use surveys to do better marketing in your agency.
Basic Survey Guidelines
When you go through the work and strategy of creating the perfect survey, you want to get people to complete it. Here are few standard rules to follow:
- Keep the survey short – usually under 10 questions. Create a survey that doesn’t take respondents long to complete, and you’ll get more survey responses. (tweet this)
- Offer your respondents and incentive. For example, you might offer a free business card or something like entry into a drawing for a month worth of social media posting. Incentives are a powerful draw to get more responses.
- Target your audience for better responses. Your survey questions should match your survey audience. For example, if you want to know how you’re doing with a Net Promoter Score survey, don’t send this to clients you haven’t worked with in over a year.
Create Different Types of Surveys
When trying to market your agency better and more efficiently, you first want to understand your market and your customers. You can use surveys to better grasp what your customers’ challengers are and how you can help them.
You’ll find a variety of surveys to use. They might be to learn the following:
- Trends in the marketplace
- Potential and current problems your clients face
- What types of businesses might benefit from your marketing agency
- Traditional market research surveys or questionnaires
Let’s look at a bit more in depth at the types of surveys you might use.
Market Research Surveys
To grow your business, you want to maximize your marketing budget. Before you can decide where to put your dollars for the best results, you want to do some research on what strategies will work best.
By sending a market research survey, you can learn more about your target market. For example, you may want to add clients in the healthcare industry. When you send them surveys, you can learn more about them so you can make better decisions on your marketing dollars.
Get Insight on Your Own Branding
Do potential clients know who you are? For example, do they know you specialize in the healthcare industry?
When you send surveys that help you understand your target market, you can also gauge how much they know about your business – what’s your brand awareness in the medical field?
This helps you target your marketing strategies to your broader audience. By learning what motivates them, what they need, and how they want it delivered to them, you can fine tune your marketing message.
With the number of marketing agencies, freelancers, and other contract work on the rise, it’s more important than ever to meet the needs of your customers.
According to a recent study, more and more agencies are reporting reductions in retainer clients. It seems many businesses are looking to hire on a per project basis without any real commitment on their part.
Because of this, you want to do some research so you can better market your marketing agency. Through surveys, you can gain some vital information as to what you can do to improve and make like easier and better for your clients.
Get started crafting your surveys today to better market your marketing agency.
Surveys help you make the best decisions for your business. Are you ready to get started with your free Survey Town trial? Start with your free account today, and you can upgrade at any time.