Here’s what you need to do to ensure the validity of data collected from surveys:
- Choose a suitable data collection method that will help you reach your goal. For instance, online surveys are more cost-effective and more wide-reaching than phone interviews.
- Make sure you’ve clearly defined your goals and objectives. Your respondents must be aware of your intentions in order to provide precise and accurate answers.
- Pay attention to your questions’ wording, structure, order, and visual layout. All respondents need to fully understand all the questions to ensure the validity of their answers.
- Create screening questions to disqualify the respondents who don’t meet the requirements for your target audience. It’s highly recommended if the research is aimed at a specific group of people with identifiable characteristics.
- Do pilot testing to examine the validity of your questions and identify potential problems before conducting the survey.
After you take care of all these steps, use SurveyTown to create a perfect survey and get all the responses in beautiful graphs and reports.